Description

Non-affiliated, Non-lengthy, Non-articles about Transformers

Saturday 29 November 2014

New Arrivals - Late November 2014



A sales list I might have added, but the odd new figure does creep in the other direction now and then. In the picture above you can see the Mastermind Creations Reformatted R-08Z Zinnia, extra Masterpiece Wheeljack with hypno-lunchbox and coin and a Takara Tomy Japanese Animated Blurr. I finally added a new 1/55 Macross figure as well after months off from that project. Here's a quick run-through.


Takatoku VF-1S Super Valkyrie


A dedicated post is in the works, but if you saw the Recent Departures post I made last Monday you would know I said goodbye to a Finnish Microman Browning. As part of the payment I received, the buyer included a vintage 1/55 Takatoku Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie. I thought it was completely pristine MIB but the box had issues and there was some visible discolouration, a dodgy back landing gear and heavily damaged cello window. I've fixed the window and received more than adequate compensation for the discrepancy in expectation and reality. So that leaves me in a place where I can appreciate this thing for the utterly timeless wonder that it is. Good grief, spectacular. More next week.

Takara Tomy Animated deluxe Blurr


Another Animated Blurr to go with the loose Hasbro and sealed Hasbro? Yep. Takara Tomy this time and a more shiny light blue on all highlights compared to the uniform dark navy blue of the Hasbro version. Just a tad more paint apps on this version too, but as with the Valkyrie above and the two other featured toys below, there will be a dedicated post. £5 for this one loose from the UK, absolutely the last place I expected to find this. Just a shame I was over-charged for postage and had it sent in a padded envelope, necessitating a request for a partial refund.

MP Wheeljack as he should have been

I received my second Masterpiece Wheeljack with the extra accessory and also the extra stickers from Reprolabels. This is the first repro set I've ordered from them in what must be over a decade. My goodness they've come a long way. This magnificent set has transformed MP Wheeljack into the Group 5 Lancia Stratos Turbo of the late 70s/early 80s. Not at all bad for the remarkable price of 1 cent. Amazing fun to apply them too, post soon.



Along with the Wheeljack upgrade set from Reprolabels I ordered a stack of faction symbols for my 3rd Party items. FansToys Scoria received an Autobot symbol on the robot chest and dino head. This was asking for it seeing as how FT moulded a flat section - Autobot-shaped - into the chest flap. So I duly obliged with the most appropriate sized faction symbol that Reprolabels provide with a clear background (3rd row) and it's like a few microns too big in each direction. After three applications and removals, I think I got it as good as it can be at this size. I was too stubborn to settle for the smaller size. Quakewave, Feralcons, Azalea, Brawny and Backland next.

MMC Reformatted R-08Z Zinnia

Finally for this month, Mastermind Creations (MMC) Zinnia - their repaint of Azalea that is supposed to be Paradron medic from the G1 episode "Fight Or Flee". It's Azalea without the hood/flaps/bot wings and swords. In green. With some translucent bits like the shins, chest and canopy. Mercifully, MMC will provide the flaps so I can pursue my dream of a Wipeout 2097-style grid of hover-racers. This one is not a review sample, I bought it from TFSource, so no mass photography or long-ass review once again pointing out how difficult it is to transform and yet how wonderful it is to pose. The closing picture of this post will suffice.



All the best
Maz




2 comments:

  1. This is a bit OT to the post I realize, but can I ask how much you were overcharged for the Animated Blurr ? - or at least what degree of postage "inflation" would push you to ask for a partial refund rather than simply write it off ? Or was it the combination of the overcharging and the padded envelope ? (I also really hate it when sellers do that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was more the fact that I was lied to about the cost and that it was originally going to be sent tracked, then I was told it wasn't as it coast xxx, and it turned out to be damn near half the amount. We are talking chump change, it was purely the principle of it that soured things.

    All the best
    Maz

    ReplyDelete